Rhiana Gunn-Wright is a BFD - She co-wrote the Green New Deal
Here are some places where you can get to know Rhiana Gunn-Wright and discover how her work is impacting your life right now.
@rgunns - Rhiana's Twitter account.
Essence interview, She, The People: Meet Rhiana Gunn-Wright, An Architect Behind The Green New Deal:
"Raised by her mother, grandmother, extended family, and a caring “village,” the Yale grad and Rhodes Scholar now seeks to answer the questions she had in childhood as a national policy expert. A onetime White House intern for former First Lady Michelle Obama, she’s lent her expertise to the Detroit Health Department, the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, and the 2018 gubernatorial campaign of Abdul El-Sayed in Michigan."
Rhiana Gunn-Wright's interview on Pod Save America.
You've probably heard the phrase "Green New Deal" but in case you're not familiar with it, the Green New Deal has five main goals.
- achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions through a fair and just transition for all communities and workers;
- create millions of good, high-wage jobs; and ensure prosperity and economic security for all people of the United States;
- invest in the infrastructure and industry of the United States to sustainably meet the challenges of the 21st century;
- secure clean air and water, climate and community resilience, healthy food, access to nature, and a sustainable environment for all;
- promote justice and equity by stopping current, preventing future, and repairing the historic oppression of frontline and vulnerable communities.
The above are a straight copy/paste from the official Green New Deal policy site, which you should definitely check out so you can read up on the whole thing. Ambitious is an appropriate word to describe it.
Elizabeth Warren's Twitter shout out.
Sign in or become a Camacho.tv member to read and leave comments.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.